Sunday, May 22, 2016

crocodile Road Trip Case

Road Trip Case

This is a pattern I've been wanting to make ever since it came out! (It's the Road Trip Case pattern by noodlehead.) We went on a little road trip this February and somehow I got into my head that V. NEEDED this for that trip. I'm glad I tried the pattern and I think it turned out pretty well, considering that most of it was sewn with the recipient on my lap and a two month old baby in the house ... I know ... What can I say ... I blame it on the hormones ...

Road Trip Case

As you can imagine, there was a lot of starting and stopping with this one, I went one step at a time ... and there are quite a lot of steps ... None of them are overly difficult though, I think. So if you have more uninterrupted sewing time than five minutes this project could come together relatively quickly, I guess. There are some details I'd do differently next time, like the direction of the zipper, for instance. Also, I'm not completely happy with my fabric choices/combination for the interiour. It was clear that the exteriour had to be this wonderful crocodile print, since V. is for some reason obsessed with them at the moment. Them and spiders ... I chose the orange floral to girly it all up a bit and I'm happy with how it looks like on the outside, but the inside is a bit ... eh, ... I think it's the blue background fabric. I should have chosen a green or orange background, I guess. Well, V. likes it and also if you can't go crazy with a project for a 3-year-old, where can you?!

Road Trip Case

Road Trip Case

Road Trip Case

Road Trip Case

Road Trip Case

I'd really like to make some more of these, especially one for myself for my current cross-stitch project ... Let's see ...! At the moment I don't feel crazy enough to start another one ... ;-)

2 comments:

Franziska said...

Ich MUSSTE ja auch unbedingt vor 2 Jahren für meine Mäuse vor dem Urlaub nähen. Unbedingt. :)
Ich habe sie fertig geschafft.
Allerdings sind diese Klappenfächer nicht für Stifte geeignet. Die Buntstifte fallen immer heraus...
Aber ansonsten mögen meine Mäuse die Dinger... Manchmal. :)

Franziska said...

Ich MUSSTE ja auch unbedingt vor 2 Jahren für meine Mäuse vor dem Urlaub nähen. Unbedingt. :)
Ich habe sie fertig geschafft.
Allerdings sind diese Klappenfächer nicht für Stifte geeignet. Die Buntstifte fallen immer heraus...
Aber ansonsten mögen meine Mäuse die Dinger... Manchmal. :)