Tuesday, September 29, 2015

creative exercise mini quilt

a little creative exercise mini quilt

Hello! Finally, I'm showing you a little mini quilt I made during my patchwork course this spring! It was such a fun creative exercise, we all got the same fabric pieces to work with and could only use that fabric plus a white and/or pink solid. I decided not to overthink things and just got cutting and sewing and here is what I came up with.

a little creative exercise mini quilt

I decided to play with the graphic nature of the print and cut and stacked the stripes of the print. I really like this part of the mini and the quilting is a fun addition.

a little creative exercise mini quilt

a little creative exercise mini quilt

a little creative exercise mini quilt

When the top was finished I decided it needed a little something to break up the severe lines and added a little freehand quilting. I think the sentence "remember to dream" is a lovely one for creative endeavours!

a little creative exercise mini quilt

You can have a look at what everyone else came up with here! The post is in Finnish, but you can still look at the pictures! There is also a picture of the piece of fabric we got to work with. It's so fun to see the totally different projects everyone came up with using the same piece of fabric!

No comments: