Thursday, October 16, 2014

Washi-inspired patchwork - project beginnings

Stoffauswahl für Swappen

Above you can see a number of fabrics I've been playing around with for a swap. I decided to use the Washi tape fabric as the main source of inspiration for both colours and shapes of my project for my partner.

Swappen Anfang 2

 I wasn't quite sure if I could recreate what I had in mind, but so far I like what came to be. The largely improv nature of sewing, planning and constructing this project has been quite meditative. It will be interesting to see how the project will turn out in the end!

Swappen Anfang 1

2 comments:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Hello! It's good to see you sewing! What a great idea to use the washi fabric as a springboard for your improv. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. All those low volume fabrics look really great together with the pops of colour!

Franziska said...

Das wird wirklich spannend.