Friday, August 22, 2014

another envelope and hand-sewing in progress

another scrappy envelope

This week I managed to sew one more envelope! Yay! ;-) (Actually I also managed to sew a T-shirt for myself, double yay!) If I weren't aiming to use mainly scraps, I'd probably never come up with this combination or that background, but I have to say that I love it for all its craziness!

I also have two hand-sewing projects on the back-burner. The first is hand- quilting a mini that I started last year, a little before V. was born:

mini progress

It's the Diamond Chips pattern from Quilting from Little Things by Sarah Fielke.

Then, I have some EPP hexies that will become something in the style of this pillow I made last year.

hexies

Sometimes it's nice to do some slow hand-stitching, plus it's easier to pick up and put down than having a session at the sewing machine.

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Franziska said...

Der Umschlag sieht toll aus. Die stehen auch auf meiner Liste, wie Zillionen anderer Dinge auch. Irgendwann werde ich auch einen nähen.
Der Miniquilt sieht jetzt schon schick aus. Ich bin gespannt auf das Endergebnis.
Dem Hexagonfieber bin ich ja auch verfallen, wie Du weißt. Und Deinen Gedanken dazu kann ich Dir nur zustimmen.