Thursday, June 12, 2014

a quick no-sew project including fabric

... is sometimes just what one needs, right?

frame prettied up

I took some handprints of V. and had this Ikea frame lying around and thought it would be perfect for showcasing it. When I put the print in the frame it looked really bland and boring, though, and the green didn't really pop against the white as I had imagined. So I got the idea to add some fabric to the inner sides of the frame to add some colour and contrast.

frame prettied up

I simply measured the inner sides, cut the fabric with the rotary cutter and glued it to the frame with a common glue stick. For now it lasts ... ;-) And I think it will, since this Liberty Tana Lawn is so light, I think it won't fall off, and if it does it's easy to add a bit more glue.

frame prettied up

I'm sure I'm not the first and only person to get this idea, but I'm really happy with how this turned out and it was just such a quick, fun and satisfying little project! It feels great to "finish" something pretty in about 10 minutes!

1 comment:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Hey, great idea! You could do this with lots of smaller scraps too, I bet, with PVA glue (mod podge) in a kind of decoupage. I'm always wondering what to do with off-cuts and scraps - thanks for the idea!