Tuesday, March 11, 2014

three-piece girly outfit



This little outfit was already finished in December, but I only now got some half-decent pictures taken. The patterns are all from Ottobre Design 1/2008 (a lot of cute patterns in that one, by the way). I've made versions of the tunic and blouse before. You can see them here.



This time, I cut some corners by using one of J.'s old shirts for the blouse and keeping the button placket intact so I didn't have to sew one myself. I think it works well and making the blouse this way was quite fast!



At first, I had planned to keep the original buttons, but it was a bit bland with simple white buttons and when I found these cute flower ones, I changed them.



For the tunic I chose this gorgeous print from Loulouthi (I used the same print for the blouse trimmings as you can see).



The hem and string closure are a Kona solid cotton, I'm almost sure it's Lagoon ...




I used the same solid for the trouser belt facing and the main fabric is a fine wale corduroy with tiny hearts on it.



Here you can see them a bit better. So cute!

I made another simple tunic around the same time. I followed a pattern I made myself for my niece some time ago (you can see that first version here).



This time I chose this fun print from Put a Lid on It from Michael Miller fabrics, which I think is so pretty and am glad that I've finally put it to use. I decided not to add a pocket or a contrast hem for this one, because I wanted the fabric to shine by itself. I used pink bias binding, because like that this tunic coordinates with a lot of clothes V. already had.



I still love those simple white buttons! :-) At the moment, I'm planning on sewing a little dress for V.'s first birthday, which will be quite soon!!! I think I will make one using the Little Pearl Dress pattern from Liberty Love. I already bought some grosgrain ribbon and some little buttons and I already had some of that eyelet cotton and a piece of that lovely Liberty print. I hope I'll get around to actually sew it in time!



I'll keep you posted!


3 comments:

Franziska said...

Das sieht wirklich toll aus. Dann muß ich doch nochmal in der einzigen Ottobre schauen, die ich besitze....

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Arrrrrgh! It's just all so cute!! I love how we have such similar tastes in AMH - that print is possibly my favourite from Loulouthi, too. I don't feel like I have to sew anything now because you've already done it for me ;-))

Kate Spade Baguette said...

I have a picky teener. She's more into the elegant look than the flashy bejeweled one. It was great that it came with straps. It was easy to put in a few things from Hobby Lobby to customize it, and it worked wonderfully.