Thursday, January 23, 2014

gift basket

Hello! Here I am with the first project started and finished in 2014! :-) I've been making some other things and finishing some small stuff that has been brewing for some time, but this is the first "official" finish of the year. Yay!



I made this Divided Basket for my sister-in-law's birthday. She always makes us such great socks, so I thought a basket to stash her current sock project and some knitting supplies in would be a nice idea for a gift. I also included some yarn, of course. I had several possible fabric choices, but when I saw those skeins at the shop, it was clear I'd go with these fun birds.



I've had these fabrics in my stash for a while, and it's fun to finally put them to good use! Like so many others out there, I'm trying to use up some stash. And in fact it's much more fun to use a favourite print than have it lingering around in a drawer! Also, I think it's a nice creative challenge to work with what is at hand. Who knows if I'd arrived at this combination otherwise, but I really like it and I think it works really well.



My sister-in-law was happy about the gift, so I'm happy, too! :-) I hope I'll be able to show you what else I've been up to, soon!

No comments: