Thursday, October 17, 2013

small baby sewing

 lucy's kimono - appleville

There are still a couple of things from my pregnancy sewing frenzy that I haven't shown you, yet. I finally took some pictures of these kimonos before packing them away. (They've been too small for quite some time now ... sniff!)

lucy's kimono - habitat

They're the Lucy's Kimono pattern from Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing book. I made them assembly-line style, and they came together quite quickly. One thing to keep in mind when making this pattern is to choose a non-directional print, because the sleeves only have one seam. They're really cute, I think!

I also made another pair of  Cute-as-a-Button Booties from Handmade Beginnings, in the second biggest size. The outer fabrics are Lizzy House Outfoxed, the lining is from leftover scraps from a blouse I made for my sister-in-law several years ago.

cute as a button booties

These are so super cute, but we haven't really been using them. They do fall off or get pulled off and chewed on and I get tired of putting them back on ... ;-) Anyway, they're sweet to look at and fun to make if you want use up some special fabric bits for a cute project.

One of the biggest hits of the things I made for V. has been this tag blanket (instructions in Simple Sewing for Baby by Lotta Jansdotter).

tag blanket

I chose the fabrics to go with the bits and pieces of ribbon I had lying around. I think it looks really nice and V. loves it! It feels like she could look at, chew at and feel those little ribbons for hours on end! She also always babbles a lot when she's playing with it, so I take that as approval! :-)

Now I only have two more Quick Change Trousers and a simple blanket left to show you from the big frenzy. I only have to manage taking pics of them. Hopefully, I'll get to show you next week!

2 comments:

Franziska said...

Alles so niedlich. Da werde ich sentimental. War ea doch erst letztes Jahr, wo all dies hier auch noch paßte.

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

You sewed so many things! And they're all gorgeous! I'm so impressed.
The little kimonos look really comfortable, they'd be great in an adult version too. Especially for lying around the house, relaxing.