Wednesday, September 11, 2013

baby in the hood

baby in the hood hoodie

Here is another project I made for V. from Handmade Beginnings. The Baby in the Hood jacket is so cute! I had fun choosing the different fabrics and buttons.

hood

It's lined with flannel which gives it a bit more weight. I think when making this pattern, I'd either use a bit sturdier fabric than quilting cotton for the outside or line it with flannel or possibly both.

hoodie detail

I really love this Japanese print! So much tiny cuteness!

hoodie buttons

I made this in a size 3-6 months before V. was born, and the sizing is pretty accurate, it fits for a nice long period of time (well, long for a speedily growing baby at least ...) due to the sleeves that fold back. I'll be sad when she outgrows it, but if I can manage, I'll make her another one in a bigger size for fall in a fine wale corduroy.

No comments: