Wednesday, April 17, 2013

retro geraniums

retro geraniums

Before our little V. was born, I made some more little things that I didn't have the chance to show you, yet. I made these little dresses in celebration of there being three little girls in the family, ours and her two cousins. I got the idea when I saw the three great colourways of the lovely Color Me Retro collection by Jeni Baker. I knew I wanted three quite simple, classic dresses, that could showcase two prints. For a moment I was considering drafting my own pattern, but then I came across the brilliant Geranium Dress sewing pattern by Made by Rae. I love that it comes in a wide range of sizes (I needed 0 months, 6 months and 3 years) and there are tons of options to change up the design and make it more personal. I'll definitely make more of these, once I get the chance to do some sewing again. They are a great fit, too and super cute on! I'll let the pics do the talking, got to get back to cuddling the little one! :-)

retro geraniums, collars

retro geraniums, hems

aqua retro geranium

aqua retro geranium, collar

aqua retro geranium, pockets

blue retro geranium

blue retro geranium, detail

red retro geranium

red retro geranium, collar detail

red retro geranium, pocket

4 comments:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

These are just perfect..I can't believe you made three of them. You were in a sewing frenzy before that baby came! Your use of the fabric is spot on - love the two prints you've used together and the fussy cutting of the pockets. Seeing all three of them together in these dresses....oh man, how absolutely gorgeous they'd look!
I popped something in the mail for you yesterday - hopefully it will be there within a fortnight x x.

Jeni said...

These are AMAZING! They're all so sweet! Thank you for making my fabrics truly shine! :)

Jess said...

These are super darling. I am in love with the bold and striking colours. Absolutely gorgeous!

The Muse of The Day said...

The photos of the cousins, together, wearing all three is going to be AWESOME. You could not have picked a better fabric, or a better way for them to be shown at their best. You where very smart to get all this sewing done before the baby came. 3 dresses - that will be a record that is hard to beat.

Carolina