Monday, February 4, 2013

noteworthy fabric bowls

nesting fabric bowls0001

Finally, I tried out this great pattern by Nova! I got a fat quarter bundle of Noteworthy by Sweetwater for Christmas and I'm having a lot of fun planning all kinds of little projects with the fabrics! I really like the collection a lot, there are a lot of great basics and blenders and I like the scribbly and fun nature of the prints.

nesting fabric bowls0002

Fat quarters are big enough for at least the 3 smallest sizes in the pattern and I had fun mixing and matching the fabrics for the exteriour and lining.

nesting fabric bowls0003

The smallest bowl is using this pretty bird fabric with a subtle dot print as the lining.

nesting fabric bowls0004

For the next size I chose the grey bucket list print and picked out the orange accents with the lining.

nesting fabric bowls0005

Maybe it's still a bit early to say, but I think this scribbly flower print is my favourite of the whole collection. There are tiny green dots, so again I picked a green lining to highlight those accents.

nesting fabric bowls0006

The bowls were really easy and fun to make. I made them assembly-line style and they came together really quickly. The part taking the longest was attaching the interfacings to the fabric.

nesting fabric bowls0007

Next I want to try the feature panel version of the bowls! The perfect way to use up the scraps from the ones I made so far, I think!

2 comments:

Sarkku said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Muse of The Day said...

OMGoodness! Eva! These bowls are perfect. I liked the actual list on the grey bucket fabric. Your choices for the interior linings are all spot on. As always, your stitching is perfection.
I noticed, too, that you posted the little bunny pouch. Great job on that one.

It is good to see you on the web again,

Carolina