Friday, December 14, 2012

christmas mood

christmas mood0003

Soon it will be Christmas and I've been in the mood for it for quite some time this year. I already took my copy of Nigella Christmas off the shelf in November and have been thinking about Christmas crafting and decorations a lot.

christmas mood0004

We brought down our christmassy stuff from the attic last Sunday and now it looks quite cozy here.

christmas mood0002

I've also started to use my christmassy tea cups.

christmas mood0005

As for the Christmas crafting, unfortunately my ideas by far exceeded my amounts of time and energy this year. I started some little projects (mix and match potholders from Modern Log Cabin Quilting, elves from Scandinavian Stitches, I even cut a stack of squares for a simple christmassy quilt), but I doubt I'll finish any of them in time for this Christmas.

christmas mood0006

Anyway, I think the most important thing is enjoying the feeling of anticipation and those few quiet moments in the weeks before Christmas. When it's dark and cold outside, it's nice to plan and dream and let your imagination travel to a colourful and sparkly  Winter Wonderland. Have a nice time waiting for Christmas! :-)

christmas mood0001

1 comment:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

I see your cute little gnomes are underway!
You're not the only one who makes a long list of things to do for Christmas and then only gets half way down it. The good thing about getting older is that I don't get too upset about it anymore. I don't want it to ruin the whole Christmas anticipation. I'd much rather be in front of the fire with a mulled wine than stressing in the sewing room!
Happy Christmas lead-up! Enjoy it all!