Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Step Down cushion cover

a step down cushion cover

The summer break on this blog has lasted a bit longer than I planned, but now I'm slowly finding back to a routine that includes sewing! Yay! :-)

cushion cover

I finished the cushion cover made from the A Step Down mini quilt pattern from Quilting from Little Things. I really, really like how it turned out. It's such a simple but dynamic design and I love looking at all the fun prints.

cushion cover owl detail

The little owl underwear thief is one of my favourites!

cushion cover quilted

I hand quilted it according to the instructions, using white and navy embroidery floss.

cushion cover detail

I made a simple envelope back and now it's sitting happily on the sofa. Next I'd like to catch up on Block of the Month and work on my Kitty Quilt top. I hope to see you around here soon!

1 comment:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Here she is - and with a finished project too! It looks a little tricky, that step down pattern. But I agree, very effective. I think the monster holding the apples might be my favourite - not sure what that says about me!