Tuesday, May 15, 2012

sewing and sunshine

HST BoM May

Here I am with a little sewing progress. I've finished the May block for Jeni's HST BoM quilt-along and I think this is my favourite block so far. I especially like how the outer fabrics work together.

A Step Down quilting

Also, I'm slowly quilting my A Step Down mini (pattern in Quilting From Little Things by Sarah Fielke) and I like it more and more each time I look at it. This pattern really would make a great quilt.

sparkly

We've been having lovely sunshine around here and the other day I caught some sparkles of light that were reflected from a brooch onto our bedroom walls. So pretty. The light is also beautiful outside, especially in the evenings. Below are a couple of pics I took on a walk at the shore.

IMG_0200

IMG_0209

Have a nice day!


1 comment:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

I don't see any snow so it must be spring in Finland! At last!
Nice block - I like how the outer fabrics pick up the blue in the central floral, they work so nicely together.
I see you are putting that camera to good use - very nice pics!