Friday, April 27, 2012

teeny tiny post

There wasn't much sewing going on around here for the last couple of weeks. I've been busy with work and needed to do goofy things (read: surfing youtube and finding great things like this and this -spoiler alert for the latter!!!) in my free time to wind down. I made the HST Block of the Month for April, though:

HST BOM April

Love the pinwheels! The floral fabrics and the fresh colours have such a nice spring-like feel, I think. The good thing about finishing this so late in the month is I won't have to wait that long for the next one! :-)

The photo isn't all that great and I miss the convenience of Picnic when it comes to cropping and editing. It having shut down is a good reason for me to make the most of my purchase of Photoshop Elements, though. I even bought a book on it, hoping to learn more about the program, which is quite confusing for a beginner, I think. For now, I'll leave you with a boring unedited pic, though. If I didn't, there wouldn't be a post for another couple of weeks, I fear.

Next on my list: hand-sewing the binding of the Sparkle Mini quilt while watching some TV! Finnish national television has been showing Desperate Romantics lately and I really like it! The actors are great and it is a lot funnier (and saucier) than I expected!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

The Muse of The Day said...

Hi Eva, I like your choice of fabric for your block even more than the ones that Jeni chose. Your fabrics have a fresher look to them. I am jealous of your ability to make such perfect joining of triangles. As far as photo shop goes, my brain - if I give it a good squeeze - will come up with the place I saw a online tutorial on photoshop. Give me a few days. I am getting ready for a large party I am having tomorrow. Sunday I will focus on trying to find that website.
I haven't heard of that BBC show, maybe on Sunday I will look into that as well.
Keep stitching. Every little bit that you get to do will add up. Our lives, as is, are way to busy to be stitching, but we do it because we love it. Let's not even talk about the time it takes to blog regularly. I am glad you posted. I hope to get a chance to sit down and look over all the posts that I missed in my absence. I see you have been super busy. I don't want to rush through. My plan is to sit down on Sunday morning and savor it all. Hope spring has arrived. Carolina

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Thanks for stopping by this morning! Agree, their home is FAB! :)

Great job here, I too love the pinwheels and the zesty green hues! Have a lovely day!