Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

This week went by so quickly! I've been surrounding myself with Easter inspiration and little fabric piles inspired by spring, but haven't made much progress in any of my sewing projects.

Easter colour collage

I've made some small progress on my Daisychain ABCs, though, and might well be able to finish it over Easter. The colours of the sampler are so perfect for spring!

fabric for Swoon block 3 & 
4

I've also finally cut the fabric for my 3rd and 4th Swoon block. I tried to cut corners by cutting two layers at once, but was punished for my laziness. Since the cutting plan for a FQ does not really allow for any wiggle room, I had to substitute other fabric for some of the pieces. Well, I'm telling myself it will add to the charm of the quilt ...

twigs

I wish you a Happy Easter weekend!

2 comments:

mimma said...

Hello Eva!Have a blessed Easter with your loved ones.
Hugs

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!
I'm no good at two-layer cutting either, something always shifts. I still risk it sometimes when cutting strips, but doing triangles or similar I don't bother anymore (I tried squaring HST two at a time once - disaster!).
Love those cute little bunnies in your first photo, they're so sweet!