Friday, April 13, 2012

first signs of spring

reading outside

We spent a couple of days at the summer cottage this weekend, and although there's still a lot of snow and ice, we could perceive the first signs of spring. On Sunday afternoon, it was actually warm enough to sit outside and read, for example! Armed with warm clothes and a blanket, of course, but still! It was really nice soaking up some sunshine, drinking lemonade and reading (a pretty interiour decoration book for me, a crime novel for J.).

butterfly

We even saw a butterfly! Really, here is hoping that spring might come one day! I had to smile at some new Swedish Ikea commercials, saying: "summer is here". You can see the pictures in a slideshow on Ikea's Swedish homepage.

beautiful colours at the lake

Of course, winter is pretty, too ...

I've made some progress on the Daisychain ABCs, but haven't quite finished it, yet. I'm at W right now! Only 3,5 more letters to go!

pretty colours on the bookshelf

dried berries


painted roses

It was really lovely, spending a nice slow weekend together again.

sunset 2

The sunsets are so beautiful at the moment!

Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Mari said...

Looks so familiar! I was just wondering does Laitilan virvoitusjuoma still exist. I (almost) miss the Finnish spring that comes so slowly. Nice to have a glimpse of it like this! Here in the Netherlands it is more like bang bang bang and everything is green and blooming. Both ways have their own charm :)

Sarkku said...

Olen kateellinen! Olet nähnyt jo perhosen!!!

The Muse of The Day said...

Hi Eva, I know I have been MIA (missing in action), I see that in my absence you have been BUSY! Wow! You sure have done a lot. Your posts have taken such a dramatic turn, I really like seeing more of the world around you, it is like getting " a little more EVA". I still have not posted, I went on a trip and haven't been able to get back to it. Hopefully it will happen soon, in the meantime I am enjoying yours.
Carolina

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

This sounds like a perfect weekend, so peaceful even if not so warm ;) Love that vintage toy car and the books - what a lovely colour scheme. You find them everywhere, right?
All the best for a not-too-hectic week x x

The Muse of The Day said...

Eva I am still cooking for my party tomorrow and I just ruined the cookies. To make myself feel better, I came to look at your blog. How do you like that?
You know that little car, in this post? You should either make an appliqué or embroider it on one of your projects. I think the nostalgic shape of it would be an awesome design to build on. Is it in the summer cabin? Who did it belong to? It is too bad they don't make cars like that anymore. I wish they did. Have a good night ... or rather, a good morning since you are on the other side of the earth!
Carolina