Friday, March 30, 2012

Sneak peeks and unfinished projects

IMG_6785_1_1

This past week, I felt a bit stuck when it came to sewing and thinking about new projects to make, but now I'm beginning to get rolling again. Above, you can see a little quilt I'm working on. I made the top with some Curio charm squares and some grunge yardage, the sashing is Kona Snow. Now the backing fabric has finally arrived, and I can start thinking about the quilting. I decided to get a print from Basic Grey's new line, Hello Luscious, since the colours go really well with the Curio line. I love how much this looks like spring.

IMG_6791_4_1

The design of the quilt top is really simple, so I thought I'd try to add some interest by means of quilting. I really feel like doing some hand quilting, so I got some pretty variegated embroidery floss to go with the quilt colours.

IMG_6786_2_1

I'm still not quite sure what kind of pattern to quilt it in, but I'd like to try to integrate some florals. Let's see.

IMG_6790_3_1

While I was stuck when it came to crafts, I did some mindless knitting. This is cotton yarn and it's going to become a humble dishcloth, loosely based on the instructions in this book. It's been some time since I last knitted anything and now I want to knit more again. It can be so relaxing!

Another relaxing activity is watching movies. I really love the cinema and finally went to see The Artist this week. I really loved it and want to watch it again, soon! Such a beautiful film! Try to catch it on the big screen, if you still have a chance!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Oh yes, the whole thing screams spring - the prints, the colours, the floss - it's going to be so pretty! Several of those Curio prints are stunning - I really love the damask/lace and grunge prints, thanks for putting me onto them.
Have a wonderful weekend and happy sewing!