Thursday, March 8, 2012

a little sewing, a lot of fabric gazing

March BoM

This little block is all I achieved sewing-wise the past week. It's the March Block of the Month from Jeni's quilt-along. With one of my sewing machines being repaired and me having lots of heated fights with the other, there was not much I could do ... All should be well now, though. My trusty machine is back and I think I finally worked out how to get along with the diva of sewing machines. Let's hope so!

fabrics for cushion covers?

As I couldn't sew as much as I would have liked, I made lots of little piles for potential future projects. For instance, I'd like to make some new cushion covers for our sofa and I think this is the final pile. As you know, I love vibrant colours, but in our living room I prefer more neutral and relaxing tones. I'm thinking of making some traditional patchwork blocks for the cushion fronts. I still have to decide ...

commute FQ bundle

In other fabric news, I was lucky enough to win this cute fabric bundle at the fabricworm blog. It arrived on the exact same day I heard that a friend of mine is expecting a little boy. Fabric destiny?! I see a baby boy quilt in that pile's future!

So, that's it from me for this week. I wish all of you females a great International Women's Day! I think I just might celebrate it with ordering some fabric I've been dreaming about! (Any excuse, right?)

4 comments:

The Muse of The Day said...

Love the fabric tha looks like a map and also the one that looks like house plans. Can't wait to see them laid out flat - they look really cool.
Carolina

The Muse of The Day said...

Thanks for letting me know that they are from Moda. I will be on the look out for them. Carolina

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Absolutely any excuse! Order away. Glad your machine made it back safe and sound, although you did pretty well without it. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to with your living room cushions, those colours look so soothing - I also like the two map/plan ones, they look very cool. Enjoy creating from your piles, hope you get a chance to sew this weekend! x

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Love your idea for creating a quilt from the fabric you won - congratulations!