Monday, December 12, 2011

christmassy drawstring bags

christmassy drawstring bags

Yesterday, I used the about 3 minutes of sunlight we had around here to take pictures of the drawstring bags I made last week. I used the great pattern by Jeni at In Color Order. I chose to make the Project Bag size, which I think is quite versatile. The cutting and sewing were all very quick. Jeni's instructions are great and I made the bags in a kind of assembly-line style, which helped to further speed along the process.

heart bag

The first bag is using a glittery Lecien fabric (Lovely Punch Collection) as the main and Little Mittens by Michael Miller as the accent fabric. The strings are a fabric I bought locally that had no info on the selvedge.

drawstring top

The second bag uses Deck the Halls as main and the Lovely Punch as an accent. The strings are Painter's Canvas.

mitten bag

The third bag is Little Mittens with an accent of Westfalenstoffe's Doppeltes Lottchen (Two Lotties). I lined all the bags with solid white fabric, since some of the fabrics are quite light and other colours were showing through. I definitely will make more of these and I want to try out the DVD Bag size next! They are so cute, useful, fun to make and also make cool presents (and great stashbusters)!

I wish you all a lovely week! Only less than two weeks till Christmas!!! :-)

4 comments:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

These are so cute! I saw that tute via SewMamaSew and would love to make some for my kids' teachers' gifts, but have realised I only have two fat quarters of Christmas material and 4 teachers! Not sure I will make it! The sparkly Lecien is perfect for these and that Two Lotties is just so adorable. Hope you had fun filling them with Christmas cheer!

Jeni said...

These are seriously so sweet! Love the fabrics you used! :)

The Muse of The Day said...

I love how you combined the fabrics. I remember the Wesfalen fabric from another one of you projects. They turned out great. I know how challenging it can be waiting for the right sunlight, and in your case ANY sunlight, to photograph a finished project. Hold on just a bit more, Winter Solstice is just a few days away then the day light will start to get longer. Carolina

Kulkija said...

OU!!! so beautiful!!!