Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas is coming

advent calendar

Most of the doors of my advent calendar are opened now and Christmas is only a couple of days away. Time really has been flying ...

wrapped present

For the most part, the preparations are at a good stage, most of the presents are wrapped and I even managed some last-minute sewing. More drawstring bags ... They are just so cute and fun to make!

DVD drawstring bag, Just Darling

First, I made this DVD-sized one. The main fabrics are Just Dandy and the strings Painter's Canvas from Magnolia Lane.

DVD drawstring bag

The lining is a fabric I bought years ago and which I love, the colours are just so nice.

tiny drawstring bag bear

Then I made three little bags for my friend's kids. For the girly ones I used Megumi Sakakibara prints as main fabrics.

tiny drawstring bag apple

The boyish one is using a cute car print from Michael Miller.

tiny drawstring bag cars

This is probably the last sewing for me this year. The time between Christmas and the New Year is quite busy for me this year, so this will probably also be the last post for 2011. Thank you so much for reading and see you next year! I wish you Happy Holidays and a good start into 2012!!!

Christmas window display

Christmas window display

Aleksanterinkatu Christmas lights

Aleksanterinkatu Christmas lights

(pictures taken in Helsinki city centre)

2 comments:

The Muse of The Day said...

Oh my goodness, or rather ... look at all that goodness! Your bags are delightful. I can't believe how many you were able to make in such a short time. The brown paper wrapping, with the red & white string is so "now". The touch that put it over the top is the little cutout heart. Is it wooden? I think I might wrap all my gifts like tat next year. My girls finally finished their exams yesterday. We got home late last night to find your beautiful postcard in our mailbox. It made the Christmas Holiday feel official. No more school. Just fun. Have a beautiful Christmas. I will be looking for your next post. Carolina

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

I love your bags too, especially the wee little ones, they are so cute and ready to be filled with the little treasures that kids always want to keep (bottle tops, acorns, keys, shiny chocolate wrappers, all treasure!). I love that advent calendar too, the pictures in it are just gorgeous. And much healthier than chocolate ;). Wishing you and your husband a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2012! See you next year!