Friday, November 25, 2011

Makeup Roll

makeup roll

Finally, I finished this Stitched In Color Makeup Roll for a friend of mine! (You can buy the pattern here.) I had the pieces cut for some time now, but just now got around to assemble it. Thanks to the clear instructions, this actually came together much more easily than I thought! I'll definitely make some more, including one for myself. (By the way, it's so gloomy here at the moment, that the only place where I can get a half-decent picture is on the windowsill ...)

makeup roll detail

It was really fun to choose the fabrics for this project. I tried to find something in my stash that my friend would like and I hope I'm right. On the other hand, that big floral Loulouthi print is so gorgeous, I can't imagine anybody NOT liking it ... The stripey fabric is Loulouthi as well and the dot fabric is from Beach Mod by Monaluna for Birch Fabrics.

makeup roll, closed

I crammed the roll full with some of my own makeup for the pictures. Also, it was recommended in the pattern to determine the placing of the button when the roll is filled. I really think this is such a cute project. It's really satisfying to make something as well thought out as this and when it was finished, I thought that this is like a little quilt for your makeup. :-D

makeup roll, button detail

I think I'll get some small surprise to put into this and then send it on it's way to it's recipient!

I wish you all a great weekend! :-)

7 comments:

Kulkija said...

I like it very much!!!

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

That is super cool. And you could adapt it to be whatever you need - sewing roll, camera cleaning kit roll, etc. I agree with you on the loulouthi - hard to go wrong there. What a good friend you are!

Annie said...

This is lovely. I'm looking for some ideas to use up some fat quarters I have, I just might give this a go!

moncler said...

like it very much too

moncler said...

This is lovely. I'm looking for some ideas to use up some fat quarters I have,

The Muse of The Day said...

They are going to love that makeup roll. They will keep it for years and years. You did a great job on it. I like the contrast of the different fabrics on the inside (geometric) with Anna's fabric on the outside (floral). Cool touch. Carolina

Rachel Hauser said...

It's amazing that some in Finland is making my makeup roll. What a wonderful thing the internet is! And, as I said on Flickr, your roll is fabulous.