Friday, October 7, 2011

Placemat fabric choices

Up to now, I haven't participated in any sew-alongs, but when I saw this on Sew, Mama, Sew!, I wanted to join in. This patchwork placemat and napkin sew-along is following a design and instructions by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson!. Since I've been looking for a nice easy and effective project, this seemed perfect! Also, I think it's great that the pace is slow, just the right thing to kick my sewing gear up with leaving room for other projects on the side if inspiration strikes.

placemat fabric, main

These are the 4 fabrics I chose for the main part of the set: Anna Maria Horner Garden Party Waltz, Rosalie Quinlan Sweet Broderie, Alexander Henry Heath and Laura Gunn Magnolia Painter's Canvas.

placemat fabric, neutral & contrast

For the background & napkins I chose a chocolate cotton-linen blend and the contrast fabric is from Just Wing It! by Momo for Moda.

These fabrics are not very much in line with the Christmas-theme of the sew-along, but they go well with our tableware and are nice for fall, I think.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these will turn out!

1 comment:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Oh nice colour choices - I'm a big fan of chocolate as a neutral 'pull everything together' colour at the moment. And you're right, perfect for autumn. Happy sewing!