Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year - Old Project Obsession


Hello all! I hope you had a good start into this New Year 2011! A new year always makes one think of new beginnings or things one would like to change. This year I've been thinking about things I'd like to carry on into this new year, like my interest in Japanese cooking, trying to make the everyday special with little things like using pretty tableware and blogging regularly here.


Another thing I'm carrying into this year is my infatuation with the Pink Penguin wristlet. They are so fun to make and always turn out so pretty! I made this one with Cosmo Cricket's Tailor Made for a friend's birthday. She's a dressmaker and I thought she'd surely appreciate these sewing-themed fabrics as much as I do. I really love this collection, it's so pretty and whimsical and I love all the sewing-related bits like scissors and thread. My favourite print is the tape-measure one. I ordered a complete collection fat-quarter set (along with some other pretty fabric ... :-)) here. Sometimes (read: more often than sometimes ...) I can't resist all the pretty fabric available in the US!


This lady even looks a bit like my friend! Fabric destiny!



I also ordered some labels for her to sew into her creations. As you can see they have a cute pic of a spool of thread on them and there's also her name and above it it reads "Made by hand" in Finnish. If any Finns are interested, I ordered them here.


This one turned out so super cute! The fabrics of this collection work extremely well together, I think, and look even better when cut up and combined.

6 comments:

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Gorgeous! Love the tape measure pocket, too cute! I have a hard time resisting the US materials too, especially when the Australian dollar is doing better than it has in a while. Making hay (stashes) while the sun shines, you know what I mean!

The Muse of The Day said...

I am head over heels for that tape measure fabric. All the fabrics look great together in the little pouch. You should start your etsy store with them. Include the "goodies" inside - people will like that. You can use the money you make to buy more fabric ... I see it as a win-win situation. Carolina

Angie said...

I love this tape measure fabric. Cute wristlet.

urban craft said...

I can imagine this piece turning out any more perfect! Totally awesome job and fabulous fabric. I haven't gotten into quilting or fabrics that much but man, pink chalk has amazing stuff!

Eva said...

Thank you all for your kind comments! :-)

@Carolina: this is not my design, so I couldn't sell this, but one day it would be great to sell some things, I have to think about it!

@Angie: yes, the tape measure fabric rocks! I think the idea is genius!

@urban craft: yes, Pink Chalk have great stuff and do a great job advertising it on their blog. I go over there once a week to drool over the new fabrics. This project is actually really good for beginners who want to try patchwork, since you don't need much fabric and the instructions are really clear.

Maaike said...

indeed supercute Eva! Thank you for your nice comment on creJJtion and welcome to the give-away. Have a nice day!
Love, Maaike