Monday, September 6, 2010
That's more like it ...
Remember this dilemma I had? Well, I decided to keep the central panels as they were and appliqued them to neutral coloured canvas.
I used thread in matching colours and attached the panels with a zigzag stitch. I adjusted the width of the stitch to almost the maximum and the length to almost zero. This technique required a lot of thread (I used about half a regular spool per pillow), but it looks very nice, I think.
The colours of the fabrics and the feel of the prints go really well with the rest of our living room. My fiancé likes the fabrics as well, especially the Pressed Flowers print (below right).
The backs of the pillows are made with the same cotton canvas used on the front and I made a simple slip cover style, which means simple construction and no zippers or buttons in the way of comfort. As you can see in the first picture, we could do with some pictures on our wall, but actually the pillows have a really nice framed feel. They are cuddly pictures, so to speak, and I can't see anything wrong with that! :-D
Love that bird in the corner there! :-)