Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer pillows


Last week I decided to make the most of what remains of summer (and the summer sales ;-)) by purchasing this Laura Ashley fabric. I got several metres, since the price was really low and I really like the happy colours in this print. I first used some of it for making a fabric basket and then I thought: pillows! I also have some ideas how to turn this fabric into gifts for friends.

I made two pillows to go with our light blue linens, I think the prints go well together! They are simple slip covers and were really easy to make. I took a finished pillow as a model and I'm really happy with how they turned out! A nice one-afternoon-project. Today it's really grey here, but the pillows remain cheery! :-)

2 comments:

The Muse of The Day said...

Eva- it is beautiful - like a warm breeze. I have not seen Laura Ashley fabric sold in stores here for at least 10 years. It is lovely. I did a pillow project a ways back to bring on spring. I loved them so much that I have kept using them right through summer. Let me put the link for it below, so that you can take a quick peek. Carolina

http://themuseoftheday.typepad.com/the-muse-of-the-day/crochet/

Kirsty said...

I agree - lovely. A great vintage feel to the fabric, I'm sleepy just looking at them!