Thursday, July 1, 2010

pitiful pillows


As a treat to celebrate my graduation I ordered some Drawing Room fat quarters plus a metre of the Volumes fabric with some colourful pillows in mind. When the fabric finally arrived I was already so hyped up on ideas and inspiration that I jumped right in and cut the fabric with minimal planning and no renewed consideration. My idea was to construct the pillows out of a central panel which would then be sourrounded by a patchwork border. When I saw the strips sewn together, though, I had to admit to myself that this design is too busy for my taste and while the fabrics go well together I wouldn't be able to look at those pillows for long ...

So now I put the project on hold and am thinking about new possibilities. One idea would be to sourround the pillow panels with a solid fabric and use the patchwork pieces combined with the solid for a floor pillow. Maybe it was all for the best ...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

maybe the patchwork pieces would work for this: http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2010/06/quilted-potholder-tutorial.html
and then you could still do a pillow with the central pillow and a single color border ...

Eva said...

Hey, good idea! Those potholders are cute! :-)

Kirsty said...

Or some log cabin coasters? Ayu over at Pink Penguin always does cute ones if you are looking for inspiration!