Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm still here ...

... only really busy! School is great, but these first couple of months have been a bit tiring. Lots of new stuff to learn, getting used to a new routine, etc. ... BUT: I got some knitting done!


High time, too, since the recipient of this cardie (the cardie I wrote about in my last post) has already arrived! I really like the design and it wasn't as hard to knit as I first thought. There was some twisting of stitches and cursing involved, as the yoke is knitted on circular needles and I found out it's not so clever to try to do that while you have a cold and headache ...

There really were quite a lot of loose ends to be woven in, so if you're not a fan of that, stay away from this. But I think it was worth it.


I already got a new ball of yarn to play around with:


It's Zitron Nimbus in colour 4. It's a lovely yarn, only I don't really know what to do with it. Anyway, knitting it is a pleasure, I already almost knit up the ball once, just to see how the colourway turns out.

1 comment:

Katie @ Très Lola said...

you knitted that!? that's so amazing! i'm jealous - it's super cute... well done you!