Thursday, July 17, 2008

A little peek

I've been shamefully absent from this space! I'm sorry! We've had a guest and right after we've been in Germany at my family's. We had a really great time. But now I hope I'll post more regularly, again! There are a lot of crafty things on my mind. Strangely, I'm feeling the urge to knit something in these summer months. I bought some nice sock wool from a little shop in my home village and I'd like to knit something for myself as well as some nice baby sweaters for some new arrivals to this planet. I really love the Textured Tunic, along with other patterns from Fitted Knits and I think I have to finally give in and purchase the book.



Above is a little peek at a small still life in my craft room. Yes! I have a craft room!!! I'm so happy about that and I think it's a cute little room. There's a table for my sewing machine and some compartments for all the bits and pieces. There's room for my craft books and my yarn and all the other stuff that's handy to have around. There are still some things I'd like to add some time, but for now it is just great. One thing on my mind is a nice inspiration board and I'm also dreaming of this working table, because I think the inserted glass is genius (I haven't tried how comfortable it would be working at, though, but why shouldn't it?)

There's a lot of blue in this room, my favourite colour from childhood. I'm also fond of a lot of other colours, especially red, but I always come back to blue, especially light blue and turquoise.



I love the colours in this Regia yarn my brother gave me for Christmas. I'm wondering if I should make something other from it than socks.

Here's a close-up of the text in the little white frame:


A friend gave me this card some years ago and I really love it. The quote is by Carol Shields and says:

go for long walks,
indulge in hot baths,
question your assumptions,
be kind to yourself,
live for the moment,
loosen up, scream,
curse the world,
count your blessings,

just let go,
just be

1 comment:

Andrea said...

a craft room. I'm almost envious ;). That'll come in handy with the sewing ...