Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jacket with(out) red buttons


I've made this little jacket (pattern is from Ottobre design 4/2007) and am generally quite pleased with it. I managed to sew it all on my own without any assistance and only Ottobre's Finnish instructions to guide me. I really like sewing children's clothes. They are so small (little fabric needed) and the result is almost always cute.



There are some issues with the buttons, though ...



The border is quite thick and those dang buttons don't want to cling as well as I'd like them to. So, today I'll let the jacket hang there (if I make any more attempts at attaching the buttons today I'm afraid I might break something or hurt myself out of frustration and impatience ... After all you need a hammer to do it ...). It's nice like this as well, I think. Yeah. I'll look at it and wait for patience and serenity to return ...

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Oh, its adorable!

Katie said...

This is so sweet -- look at that lining! I'm enjoying my first visit to your blog. Love the little boy blanket you made, too. Just charming.