Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lipstick

Since I discovered my love for make-up, lipstick has been ranking high on my list. It immediately transforms the face and gives it a fresher look. For me personally I prefer bolder colours, but sometimes I wear also toned down lipstick or none at all (especially if I'm wearing strong eye make-up). Here's a small tutorial how to apply lipstick like a pro:

First, put a bit of balm or lotion on your lips, and after some time rub them with a moist terry cloth or towel. This gets rid of chipped skin in a gentle way. Re-apply a bit of balm.

Then line only the lower lip with liner (mustn't be too dark!). Apply several layers of the lipstick you chose with a brush. In between layers blot the colour with a tissue to make it last longer. To further prolong your lip make-up's life-span you can apply a bit of compact powder with a sponge between layers.



When you're finished you can line the outer rim of your mouth with a tiny bit of foundation to emphasize your lips even further. You can also apply some concealer at the corners of your mouth to "lift" them and put a smile on your face. For extra glamour you can apply a bit of colourless gloss under the bow of your upper lip. To avoid lipstick transferring to your teeth put your index finger in your mouth, close the lips around it and turn a bit. The superfluous colour will stick to your finger now instead of your front teeth later!

One of my favourite lipsticks is L'Oréal Color Riche Star Secrets in 703 Andie Carmine. It's a beautiful red with a bit of shimmer, but not too strong, so you can wear it all day long without any fuss.


In this picture I used 710 Penélope Red from the same line. A great bold and creamy red.

Have fun wearing lipstick! :-)

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Love the lipstick colour ! Gives a 30's look :)

Eva (frostpatterns) said...

Thank you Ginger! :-) I like that nostalgic look, too!