Tuesday, May 8, 2007

napkins and tacky crafts

Somehow I've always considered découpage with napkins utterly tacky and was almost annoyed with it at it's height of fashionability some years ago. People couldn't seem to stop themselves from covering any old thing with sticky napkins! Now I am one of these people ...


Yes, I did it ... I covered an old plastic plant pot with napkins in one of my favourite Marimekko patterns ... And I'm not even ashamed of it. I think it came out really well. Somehow looks kinda cute, doesn't it?

I got the idea from a Finnish crafts magazine (Suuri Käsityölehti, No 4 2006), which is really fun to read and always has some good ideas, but one of my favourite features is that they also publish one or two Rowan patterns in each issue. Now I only have to learn how to read Finnish knitting patterns ... ;-)

No comments: