Wednesday, March 28, 2007

unfinished, still

This sampler quilt is still waiting to be finished. I mean to handquilt it and have just started in the centre. This will still take quite some time. I guess I will just have to make more of a commitment to it and not let all the other things like knitting and drawing get in the way too much. May be one evening of the week could be quilt evening! But considering that I started this quilt nearly 9 years ago, one more or less will probably not make such a big difference! Fortunately, I'm not the only one having decade-projects like this hanging around somewhere! By the way, everything I needed to know for making this quilt, I got from this great book. It guides you from fabric choice through patterns and techniques to quilting and finishing. On top of it all it provides great inspiration in the pictures. I think, if someone considers taking up patchwork this is the beginner's book. In my book, at least. ;-)

No comments: